Friday, July 16, 2010

Race Through Tuscany 5K

Race Through Tuscany 5K

Here's a link to a small - but challenging! - cross-country race I ran last weekend. I was 2nd female and 4th overall. They called it a race through Tuscany...well, if Tuscany is hilly, they were right on! The night before and morning of the race featured torrential downpours, making some of the downhills very slick. I switched to my trail shoes at the last minute, after realizing I was going to need good footing on those hills. It paid off as the girl who came in 3rd told me that she was sliding all over the place in her road shoes!

Of course, since we were at a winery, we had a fun post-race wine tasting, and then enjoyed a glass and lunch on the patio overlooking the grapevines. I must do more of these winery races...much better than the post-race bagel and banana!!!

2 comments: