Monday, December 14, 2009

Trail Running Series Final

Yesterday was the 4th and final Backyard Burn race of the fall series. Having been postponed from last week when there was snow and ice, this race no longer counted towards series points...making me the series winner for 30-39 females! Even with the points from the 4th race I still would have won!







It was a very wet and cold day at Hemlock park. This is the hilliest course with almost no letup between hills. The downhills are usually very manageable, but with all the rain they were mudslides. I will post some pics that I'm sure the photographer took of all the mud. It was unbelievable. I could not get a good footing most of the time. I was either sliding backwards going up the hills, forwards (most scary) going down, or sideways on the flat parts. At one point I slid sideways almost into a ravine and grabbed hold of a thorn bush to save myself...ouch!

No comments:

Post a Comment