Sunday, June 5, 2011

Virginia Wine Country Half Marathon


I ran a half marathon on Saturday...from one Virginia winery to another. We have so many wineries in this area it's quite crazy. I think wine-making is the new farming! The race itself was nothing special but we were treated to a post-race wine-tasting from a lot of vineyards that was great! Needless to say, we all went home happy. Anyway, the full report is on my Racingtales blog, but I thought I'd share this picture of me warming up taken by our team photographer. Oh, and my running club WON the team competition, beating 50 other teams!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun......well, the wine tasting part anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a glorious day - too hot though?

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not as hot as the 4 miler I just ran Saturday evening! I'm better at acclimating to the heat now and making sure I'm hydrated, so I don't have too many problems.

    ReplyDelete